The Harold Glover Trophy is awarded each year to individuals who have made a significant contribution to tennis in the Group. It is named after our former President who was a staunch supporter of Liverpool tennis for over 50 years.
By all accounts Harold was present at the inaugural meeting of the Group held at the Grenville Cafe in Tithebarn Street on the 20th February 1947. In 1949 he was elected onto the Group Committee as social secretary and was a key figure in organising the annual dance. It was a role that he held for many years, during which, the dance would often attract an attendance of over 400 members.
More recently Harold represented the Group on the County LTA and served as Group President from 1985 to 1998. This short obituary which documented his work for the Group and his passion for tennis appeared in the 1999 handbook