Liverpool & District Tennis Group
FAIR PLAY CAMPAIGN
To ensure all players currently taking part in the Liverpool & District Tennis Group can enjoy their tennis, the Group will commit to improving their processes for reporting incidents of poor behaviour and infringements of match regulations. Also, to secure the long-term future of the league and to make the Group’s competitions as inclusive and enjoyable as possible, the Group will promote Fair Play values to all players and member clubs.
- To promote the values of Fair Play, including good sportsmanship, honesty and respect.
- To have improved feedback mechanisms whereby clubs can officially comment or complain to the Group Committee regarding poor behaviour or match regulation infringements.
- To introduce a Fair Play Feedback Forms where team captains can officially report any incidents to the Group Committee via the website. This will take the form of either a ‘comment’ which would be reporting of possible bad behaviour or rule infringements to make the Group Committee aware but without the need for an immediate response. This would allow better recording of less serious incidents. For more serious incidents, a team captain could ‘complain’ to the Group and this would require a response.
- Complaints can only be made via firstname.lastname@example.org which can be sent direct or via the official contact page of the Group website. All complaints should conform to the requirements of match regulations 1n. Comments should be addressed directly to Chair@liverpooltennisgroup.co.uk by email or through the official contact page of the Group website. This would be a huge step forward from the current anecdotal systems or phone calls, text messages and emails that currently get sent.
- At the start of each season, every member club of the group would sign up to the Fair Play Charter which would be their commitment to promoting the Fair Play values of good sportsmanship, honesty and respect throughout the upcoming season. This would also help the Group committee when having to deal with incidents or reports as it would be clear that any infringements were against the Fair Play values that everyone had agreed to at the start of the season. A lot of incidents in the league, are not always match regulation infringements but incidents of poor sportsmanship or behaviour that aren’t covered by the league’s rules and this would help to address this.
- Promotion of Fair Play campaign by the Group and its member clubs through the use of posters/banners, the league handbook, social media and emails.
FAIR PLAY – CLUB CHARTER
To ensure all players currently taking part in the Liverpool & District Tennis Group can enjoy their tennis, every club is required to sign-up the Fair Play Charter ahead of the upcoming season. To secure the long-term future of the league and to make the Group’s competitions as inclusive and enjoyable as possible, the Group will promote Fair Play values to all players and member clubs.
By signing up to the new Fair Play Charter, members clubs, their officials, players and spectators agree to abide by the following:
- We will provide a welcoming and safe environment to all players, visiting teams and spectators.
- We will ensure that all team captains and players follow the match regulations and that matches are played in an environment that makes tennis enjoyable for all players in the Group.
- We will promote the Fair Play values of honesty, good sportsmanship and respect to our members using the resources provided to us by the Group.
- We will report any incidents of bad behaviour or infringements of the match regulations using the appropriate Fair Play feedback forms on the Group website.